Stephen Swinson was born and raised in Savannah, Georgia. He graduated from the University of Alabama cum laude in 2012 with a degree in Criminal Justice and a minor in Political Science. While attending the University of Alabama, Stephen served as the President of the Student Government Association and Student Representative on the University System Board of Trustees. He was a member of the Sigma Nu Fraternity and Jasons Senior Men’s Honorary and was the recipient of the University of Alabama’s 2012 Capstone Hero Award for Leadership.
Stephen graduated from the Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University cum laude in 2015. While attending law school, he earned a Certificate in Advanced Legal Writing, Research, and Drafting. He was an active member in the Moot Court and Negotiations programs, the Business and Tax Law Society, and was elected President of the Student Bar Association. In 2015, Stephen was inducted into the Order of Barristers and was the recipient of the law school’s Distinguished Leader Award.
Stephen handles a wide variety of corporate matters, including general corporate advice, trademark registrations, asset purchases, stock purchases, mergers, partnership issues and agreements, employment agreements, secured transactions, and ancillary real estate issues. He also assists clients with estate planning matters, including preparing Trusts and Last Wills and Testaments as well as handling simple and complex estate administration issues.
- 2018 Graduate of Newtown Macon’s Developers’ Academy
- Walter F. George School of Law, Mercer University, Young Alumni Council, Vice-Chairman (2016 – 2017)
- Macon Bar Association (2015 – Present)
- State Bar of Georgia (2015 – Present)
- The University of Alabama Board of Past SGA Presidents (2014 – Present)
- Mercer Business and Tax Law Society (2012 – 2015)
- Mercer Advocacy Council (2013 – 2015)
- Walter F. George School of Law, Mercer University (J.D., cum laude, 2015)
- University of Alabama (B.A., Criminal Justice, cum laude, 2012)
- Georgia, 2015